Friday 6 July 2012

Psalm 131: Where do we find our peace?

by Chantalle Wookey


I know that there are times that I get so busy with activities, worries and debates in my mind about issues that I am far from peaceful.  

Sometimes my response to this can be to try to get everything in place around me as I think that this should help to attain peace in my soul.  I attempt to quiet my restless heart with what I do, the things I own or even with people around me who I love and am loved by in this world, so that I will be satisfied.

Although these things no doubt do bring a measure of comfort, the temptation is to create false peace by trying so hard to control things I really do not have any control over anyway.

We need to be content and humble in the presence of the Lord. To learn to sit at the feet of Jesus where we can and should submit our worries and joys, our successes and our failures to our true King through prayer.

We need a deep reliance and trust in God, even if to our temporary view he seems, at times, to let the world spin out of control.

Even in times of being weaned, we must know that our heavenly father has greater things for us, his children. God does not wean us to burden us, but to free us.  True peace is found in the trust and firm hope that even in middle of chaos and anxiety, when the Lord feels far away, He is still there, and nothing will separate you from His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment