Friday 15 June 2012

Psalm 118: Where is your identity?


By Chantalle Wookey


Over the last week I have been struggling with feelings of failure and a lack of belonging. I have been faced with some really tough situations recently and because I am struggling to handle them, I frequently feel I have failed. I have realised that I (wrongly) have subconsciously believed a part of my identity comes from what I do and because so much of what I do has been rejected in a painful way I have found myself quite down at times. 

As I have dwelled on this I am reminded again that it is only in my relationship with Jesus that I can be satisfied in life. I know that faith in Jesus is where I truly find security and can be filled with hope and ultimately content no matter the circumstance. 

Jesus, the man who was rejected, scorned and beaten and killed is my Saviour; the Cornerstone for all Believers. There is no rejection that I feel that he does not understand. It is His love that gives me peace.  It is His acceptance and grace that makes living my life a joy. 

I will choose to rejoice in the Lord no matter what my days may look like on the surface of things because they are all days that he has made. No matter what I face God is always and eternally good and he loves me no matter how I feel about myself. 
"The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; 
The LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. 
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
His love endures forever.




Until tonight (Thursday) this blog stopped above but God showed me this image.....


I see my self as a runner who is pulled out of the race mid-stride.I then see myself lined up as a runner ready to go with ‘important people’. People who are way more important in life than I am.
A tunnel forms on my lane and my vision is narrowed in to Jesus saying "run, run".
My race became focused on Him and him alone.
I then see myself surrounded by things that represent what I have to do in life and my current circumstances and I say to God “I will be slow”
He says "You will be slow but it is making you STORNG"
And he is saying "Running is winning, Running is winning"



To rejoice and be glad no matter the circumstance is a way to run even when our feelings lie to us that we are on the sidelines. It is a way to run when we feel lacking, broken or failing. 

Lets keep running with perseverance because when we are weak he is strong, he is the strongest stone, the corner stone and if we are 
pushed back in our race and feel like we are about to fall the Lord helps us and calls "run, you are wining because I am your strength"

No comments:

Post a Comment