Thursday 28 June 2012

Psalm 124: Where'd you be?

by Andi Norton

Psalm 124 (NIV) 


If the Lord had not been on our side...... (vs 1)

Todays Psalm opens with a great statement, what if the Lord had not been on our side.

Imagine it: Where would you be, if God didn't step into your situation? If He refused your desperate cry and ultimately left you to the clutches of death?

I've been teaching Year 6 students these past two weeks about what is our identity in. This has been a great time of reflection for me also as I share my testimony of what I once was like and how God radically transformed me.

The reality for me is if the Lord had not been on my side, I would have most likely be hopelessly lost, no future ahead of me and potentially dead when 10 years ago in that hopelessness I jumped in front of a car....Woah!


If God hadn't been there for Moses?
if the Lord had not been on our side
when people attacked us,
They would have swallowed us alive
when their anger flared against us;
The flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,
The raging waters
would have swept us away
(vs 2-5)

The good news though, is God heard my cry, He intervened and stepped down and grabbed me out of the pit I was in.


Praise be to the Lord,
who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
We have escaped like a bird
from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
(vs 6,7)

We are so blessed to have a God who always responds to our cry, who always watches over us, who has a plan for each one of us, and those plans are to prosper us, to give us hope and a future.

Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. (vs 8)

Why not take time to think of all He has done from you, and thank Him that He is a God who always hears and answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment