Friday 18 May 2012

Psalm 94: My foot is slipping


By Chantalle Wookey

Psalm 94 (NIV)

As I have been reading Psalm 94 this week the verse that keeps really jumping out at me is v18-19:

When I said, "My foot is slipping," 
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. 
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19

I think the reason is I recognise my need for this truth in my life in recent times more than ever. I read these words aloud and they have helped to brig peace in me again for situations that seem impossible and have brought me a lot of anxiety. 

I encourage you to do the same. Repeat the above verse out loud. Yes...... and again and again. 

God upholds us even when we feel like we might fall apart. God is the source of our strength in times of fear, worry and doubt. God is our Salvation, our strong tower, our ever present help in times of need.

God, even when I forget you and attempt to do life in my own strength, when I fall thank you that you are upholding me with your right hand. I know that you won't let me fall apart. When my mind is messed up and made foggy with anxiety and my heart crowded with worry I know that I can rely on your strength, ideas and wisdom. God teach me to look to You before I reach out in my own strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment