Monday 16 April 2012

Psalm 66: Take a look at God's Wonders

By Andy Flood

Psalm 66 (NIV) 

Something about our coastline here in Bournemouth gives me goosebumps.

Whenever I need perspective on stuff I will head down to the beach and take it all in. There's just something about the place that feels special to me and my relationship with God. I find it easier to hear God, easier to feel His presence, I guess it's because there's no distractions, just utter beauty.

We all need reminding of God's wonders, whether it's a walk down to the beach to marvel at the wonder of creation, or like in the Psalm, marvelling at the wonder of Passover and God's rescue plan for the Hebrews in Egypt.

But the greatest wonder of all, is the greater Passover, the greatest rescue plan in history:

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behaviour. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— (Colossians 1:21, 22 NIV)

We have a reason to praise God at all times, This is a an awesome Psalm giving great perspective. God's word gives the greatest perspective and contains His greatest wonders. Let's never be distant from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment