Wednesday 18 April 2012

Psalm 68: Summon your power!

By Sean Theunissen

Psalm 68 (NIV)

Summon your power, God; show us your strength, our God, as you have done before...Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord, to him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens, who thunders with mighty voice. Proclaim the power of God, whose majesty is over Israel, whose power is in the heavens. You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! v 28, 32-35


There is nothing that stirs my faith more than remembering times in my life where God has stepped in when I've desperately needed Him, or when I get a small glimpse of God's plan and how pieces just seem to fit in place, or just thinking of all the incredible things he's given me over the years. It always gives me hope for the next big thing, the next climb, the next challenge God has given to us corporately as a church or personally.


In this psalm David reminisces and retells of God's incredible saving hand throughout Israel's history and finishes with the quote above. I can just imagine the passion with which he is singing this, or probably shouting this!


This psalm has challenged me to reminisce. I so often pray for God to change a situation and then when he does I find myself just moving on with life. These times are huge testimonies for us to bookmark and go back and remember especially during tough times, so that our view of God remains huge and our passion doesn't die.


Father thank you for being so heavily involved in every aspect of my life. Lord help me to never forget but rather to remember and to use these testimonies to fuel my prayer and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment