Friday 10 February 2012

Psalm 10: God WITH us

By Chantalle Wookey

Psalm 10 (NIV) 

Psalm 10: Why, O Lord, do You stand far off? Why do You hide Yourself in times of trouble? … But You, O God, do see trouble and grief; You consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless…You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth may terrify no more. 

For me this has been a very sad time. I have spent much of the past few days feeling a deep despair that I have not experienced many times in my life. I have found my heart crying out, “Where are you God?” “Can’t you see I need you?” “I do not understand your ways God!”

The thing is I haven’t had any answers and my situation has not changed. But, the truth is that God sees everything. He knows my sorrows and troubles, as He knows yours. He is all-knowing. God is there and I know He understands my pain.

I, like so many others who experience painful times must have faith that God will answer. I believe He will answer in His own timing, even if I don’t understand the outcome. His ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

God’s Word tells us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. We can count on that. Yes, God is the helper of those who are in need. Even though it has seemed to me for so much of this time that He is far away, in reality He is as near to me and to you as our hearts beat in our chests. He hears us and will take care of us. God cares about the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. As I have spent time crying with Him this week, I know this is true.

God cries and suffers with us, simply because He loves us and feels our pain. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, promised to send His Spirit to all believers so that we will never have to go through trials alone. Jesus said in Matthew 28:20, “And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

This week, in the middle of my sadness I have made a choice, to turn to God, as my Source for it is only in him we can find our comfort and strength – I do not need to be afraid!

3 comments:

  1. Nope you do not need to be afraid, there is no fear in love..whatever we dont understand, fear, anger, pain his love is stronger, bigger greater vaster wider! Love this, its simple but the heart of a daddy for his kids is one of the most majestic things on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I found what you wrote really moving and helpful, so many citygate people are experiencing difficult times.Doug and I also are going through a prolonged season of sickness and don't have any answers [ just more tests!!]I found Col.1v11 helpful last night where it says "being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience--" We will pray for one another. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel. I will pray for you guys for sure. No mater our current circumstance there are eternal truths that we can 100% trust. The amazing this is that we have a God who cares deeply about our current trials but will also very soon wipe every tear from our eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things will have passed away. It is Finished, he has Done it. We can trust in him. Lots of love to you both xx

    ReplyDelete