Monday 27 February 2012

Psalm 24: Revelation and Response

The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world
and all who live in it | flickr/traqair57
By Andy Flood 


Psalm 24 (NIV)


The heart of worship is revelation and response, God reveals and we respond. God reveals more and we go deeper and so on and so on.

What an awesome example of this we see in Psalm 24 and what an opening line - 'The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who live in it....' If you want perspective, there it is!

A while ago, I would read this Psalm and my response to the verses proceeding the above, was condemnation, I would measure myself up to this passage, realise that I came well short and believe that I wasn't welcome in God’s presence. What a tragedy! I had failed to grasp the work of Christ in my life. I believed my relationship with God was based on works. Only feeling welcome when I had been a good boy, when I felt good enough.

I now know, it is Jesus that gives us clean hands and a pure heart. His work upon the cross has won it for us! I no longer swear by a relationship based on works, and no longer lift up the idol of believing I could ever be good enough!

Now, I cannot wait to be with the King, I can abide in Him and Him in me. He alone has made me righteous.

Who is this King? He is the Lord strong and mighty. Mighty to save, mighty to break the back of legalism, self-righteousness and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment