Thursday 16 February 2012

Psalm 15: I'm innocent I tell you!

By Andi Norton

Psalm 15 (NIV)

Some times I'm awakened with loud screaming and tears. I run down the hall only to find my two children trying to tell me two accounts of what has just happened.

I usually find myself accepting both stories because there is no evidence to point towards either story. Both children are found innocent, they are encouraged to hug, make up and continue to play nicely with one another as if nothing had happened.

LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?

The one whose walk is blameless


Who of us can say that they have lived a blameless life?

When I read these words I think of the great multitude of wrong doings I’ve done, and even though I try to be good, I sometimes still do wrong.

Thank God for this word – ‘blameless’ (to be found innocent, free from guilt).

We know there's only one who has truly lived a righteous life – Jesus - because of His life obedient to death, for me, I can be seen as blameless before a Sovereign God.

I love where it says in verse 4, "Who keeps an oath even when it hurts; and does not change their mind."

We've all been faced with this I'm sure, a difficult decision or choice to go back on our word, because of a change in circumstances, the pressure and pain that comes with the commitment we have made or temptation.

But none of us will have to face anything near the pain that comes with the oath Jesus made of going to a cross to die, to take on the full sin of every wrong doing since the beginning of creation right through until the future coming of our Lord.

Jesus didn't change His mind, he was obedient to death, to the point of His father turning His face away, to the point in which He said 'IT IS FINISHED' and why? So I could be called blameless. I can come to a God who can find no evidence to my wrong doings, because He looks to Jesus and so I can dwell in His sacred tent, I can live on His holy hill.

It's because of this blameless life reflected onto me through Jesus that I want to live a righteous life, to constantly strive to do right, keep my word, speak truth, but I know when I fail, I'm still seen as blameless.

Lord thank you for keeping your oath, thank You that You were obedient to death, thank You that I'm seen as blameless. I prayer you would constantly remind me of this daily and give me the strength to live a righteous life pleasing to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment